- 200g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- Olive oil cooking spray
Chive, lemon and caper dressing
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon drained baby capers, rinsed, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- Step 2Place salmon, peas, onion and dill in a bowl. Toss to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Step 3Whisk eggs and milk together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a chopping board. Cut into 16 pieces.
- Step 4Meanwhile, wrap 1 slice prosciutto around each asparagus spear. Spray a chargrill pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook asparagus, turning, for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Step 5Make Chive, lemon and caper dressing: Place creme fraiche, lemon rind, chives and capers in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Step 6Arrange frittata and asparagus on a platter. Serve with Chive, lemon and caper dressing.
Budget tip: Use a 210g can red salmon, flaked, skin and bones removed, instead of smoked salmon and save around $4.21 in total.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas