- 125mls (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, de-seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves, washed & dried
- 300g (16 slices) smoked salmon
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 800g (about 4) Desire potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 35g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Step 1Combine sour cream and cucumber and set aside.
- Step 2To make potato rosti, coarsely grate the potatoes, place in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- Step 3Place the potatoes on a dry tea towel and squeeze out all the moisture. Transfer to a bowl, add eggs, self-raising flour, milk and salt and pepper and stir with a fork until well combined.
- Step 4Heat the light olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Using a large metal spoon, add 1/2 of the potato mixture to the hot pan in 2 separate spoonfuls and spread each to a patty about 12cm in diameter and 8mm thick.
- Step 5Cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel. Keep warm. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture to make 2 more rosti.
- Step 6Place each rosti on a serving plate and top with spinach leaves, smoked salmon, then a spoonful of sour cream and cucumber mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve