- 20cm baguette bread, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 x 125g cans smoked salmon slices, drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, sliced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place bread slices on a baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Bake for 8 minutes or until bread is light golden and crisp.
- Step 2Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cut tops from eggs. Spoon egg into a small bowl. Add remaining oil, vinegar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Step 3Place lettuce, salmon, tomato and cucumber in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Break croutons in half and add to salad. Drizzle with egg dressing. Toss gently to combine. Serve.
You could use flaked smoked trout or canned red salmon instead of smoked salmon. Tip:Try sprinkling bread slices with mixed dried herbs before baking in step 1.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas