- 600g sliced smoked salmon (see note)
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- Step 1Trim any brown edges from salmon. Place cream cheese, cream, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill and capers in a food processor. Season with pepper. Process to combine.
- Step 2Grease an 8cm-deep, 10cm x 20cm, 6 cup-capacity terrine or loaf pan. Line base and sides with plastic wrap, allowing a 5cm overhang at long ends.
- Step 3Cover base of pan with 1 layer smoked salmon. Using a spatula, spread 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture in a thin layer over salmon. Repeat layers, finishing with salmon. Fold plastic wrap over salmon.Press down gently. Refrigerate overnight.
- Step 4Just before serving, turn onto a platter or board. Remove plastic wrap. Trim ends. Slice. Drizzle with oil. Serve with watercress sprigs and crusty bread.
All nutrition values are per serve
You’ll need to start this recipe 1 day ahead.
You’ll need around 16 slices of smoked salmon.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas