- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 20g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g hot smoked trout, flaked
- 3/4 cup (120g) fresh peas or frozen peas
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thin cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Step 2Line a 15cm (base measurement) x 5cm fluted tart tin with removable base with the pastry and trim any excess. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Cover pastry base with baking paper and fill with pastry weights. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Reduce oven to 160°C.
- Step 4Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium frying pan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Remove from heat.
- Step 5Combine onion mixture, trout and peas in a bowl. Arrange the onion mixture in the base of the pastry case. Whisk the eggs, cream and dill together in a bowl. Pour over the onion mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until just set. Serve warm or at room temperature with baby rocket leaves, if desired.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: