- 1/2 cup low-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 long French bread sticks
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- 200g smoked trout slices
- Step 1Place the cream cheese in a bowl with the mayonnaise, capers, dill, salt and pepper and mix together until combined. Set aside.
- Step 2Slice the bread in half along the middle (do not cut all the way through) and spread both sides with the cream cheese mixture. Top with spinach leaves, avocado and smoked trout. Cut the breadsticks into 20cm lengths and serve or wrap in plastic and refrigerate until required.
As an alternative try using rare roast beef, mixed salad leaves, sliced Swiss cheese and cream cheese mixed with a little Dijon mustard.
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Tanya Zouev
- Publication: Taste.com.au