- 300g dried pasta shapes
- 300ml pure (thin) cream
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 x 170g skinless hot-smoked ocean trout portions (see note), flaked into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 190°C. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain the pasta and place in a 1.5-litre (6-cup) baking dish.
- Step 2While the pasta is cooking, simmer the cream, garlic and trout in a pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in capers and season with pepper. Pour over the pasta and toss gently to combine. Scatter with crumbs, zest and parsley. Bake for 8 minutes until crumbs are golden.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
Hot-smoked ocean trout is from supermarkets, or use hot-smoked regular trout or salmon.
- Author: Kate Tait
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au