- 1 long baguette (French stick), diagonally sliced into eight 1.5cm-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 (about 320g) whole smoked rainbow trout, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 80g (1/3 cup) light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, roughly chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the baguette slices on a baking tray. Brush with oil and sprinkle with parsley and chives. Bake in preheated oven for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the smoked trout, cream cheese, cream and capers in a medium bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Kid’s task: Spoon the smoked trout pate onto the slices of herb toast. Serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve