- 8 (about 70g each) chat (small) potatoes
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, diagonally sliced in half
- 60mls (1/4 cup) flesh lemon juice
- 80mls (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch dill, leaves picked
- 3 whole smoked trout, skin and bones removed, flesh flaked
- 1 cos lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried, torn
- Step 1Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and boil, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cut in halves. Set aside.
- Step 2Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium- high and boil, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Rinse the eggs under cold running water until cool. Peel and cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Step 3Fill the small saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute or until tender crisp. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Step 4Place the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small jug. Whisk to combine. Place potatoes, asparagus, dill and 1/2 the dressing in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Add the trout and toss gently to combine.
- Step 5Place lettuce in serving bowls and top with the trout mixture. Place the eggs on top and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Microwave tip: wash the asparagus, place into a freezer bag and twist bag to seal. Place onto turntable and cook for 1-2 minutes on High/850watts/100% or until bright-green and tender crisp.
- Author: Alison Turner
- Publication: Australian Good Taste