- 1kg desiree potatoes, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 180g snapper fillets (skin on)
- Fried Asian shallots, to serve
- Black sesame seeds (see note), to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 12-15 minutes until tender and cooked through. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Step 2Meanwhile, whiz coriander, spring onion, sesame oil, chilli, soy, vinegar and garlic in a small processor until a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl and mix with mayonnaise. Fold through potato.
- Step 3Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Season fish and cook, skin-side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 4Garnish the potato salad with fried Asian shallots and sesame seeds, then serve with fish, salad leaves and lime wedges.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
From Asian food shops.
- Author: Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au