- Olive oil spray
- 2 smoked cod fish fillets
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 tub low-fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 500g wholemeal penne pasta
- Step 1Spray olive oil in fry pan for 2 seconds. Heat pan on high heat. Add fish fillets and pan fry until lightly coloured. Remove fish from pan, set aside.
- Step 2In the same frying pan, spray 2 seconds of olive oil. Add onion. Fry until lightly brown. Reduce heat to simmer. Add cream cheese to onion in fry pan while on simmer and mix until it melts in the pan. Add skim milk to pan and stir with wooden spoon until everything is combined with no lumps (or minimal lumps) visible.
- Step 3Replace fish in pan and simmer for another 5 minutes. Do not stir with spoon, only shake pan to move fish around in sauce. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Step 4Boil salted water in a separate saucepan and add penne pasta. Cook according to packet instructions or until al dente.
- Step 5Place fish sauce back on heat for 5 minutes. Add a touch more skim milk if thinner sauce desired. Top over bowl of pasta.
- Author: Member recipe
- Publication: Member recipe