- 250g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (about 365g) cleaned baby octopus, halved
- 12 medium (about 200g) green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 300g firm white fish fillet, skin removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red birdseye chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2) dry white wine
- 500ml (2 cups) roast tomato sauce
- 12 black mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed green salad, to serve, if desired
- Step 1Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the octopus and cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 3Reheat pan. Add prawns and fish, and cook for 2 minutes or until prawns curl and change colour and fish is golden brown. Transfer to bowl with octopus.
- Step 4Heat the remaining oil in the pan over high heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli, and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add tomato sauce and bring to the boil. Add mussels and cook, covered, for 4 minutes or until mussels open. Discard unopened mussels. Add octopus, prawns, fish and spaghetti and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls. Serve with salad, if desired.
- High protein
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
Preparation and cooking times do not include roast tomato sauce.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste