- 1/4 Turkish bread loaf, coarsely torn
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 birdseye chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely shredded flat-leaf parsley
- 375g spaghetti
- Step 1Place the bread in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarse breadcrumbs form.
- Step 2Use a zester to remove the rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
- Step 3Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 4Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and anchovies and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add lemon rind, juice and parsley leaves. Remove from heat.
- Step 5Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
- Step 6Add the spaghetti to the garlic mixture and toss to coat. Add half the breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
- Step 7Spoon evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and serve immediately.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: