- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon-flavoured olive oil (see Notes)
- 4 slices prosciutto, rind removed
- 2 x 100g fillets of smoked salmon (whole fillets, not sliced)
- 250g spaghetti
- 1 cup (150g) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Place the lemon rind, juice and oil in a bowl and season with sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Place the prosciutto on a baking tray and cook for 6-8 minutes until crisp and golden. Cool, then break into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Break the salmon into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Step 3Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water, adding the peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, but not completely so a little of the cooking water remains on the pasta. Return the pasta and peas to the pan, add the lemon mixture, salmon and prosciutto and toss together. Add mint just before serving.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
* We used Cobram Estate’s lemon-flavoured oil. Substitute with extra virgin olive oil and adjust the amount of lemon juice to taste.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au