- 4 x 120g skinless flathead fillets, deboned, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil or sunfl ower oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) (see note) or dry sherry
- Step 1Toss fish in a bowl with 1/2 teaspoon each of the chilli flakes and five spice. Season.
- Step 2Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. In 2 batches, cook fish for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Increase the heat to high, then stir-fry vegetables for 1 minute. Add the soy, rice wine and remaining chilli flakes and five spice. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes until vegetables are just tender. Divide among 4 plates and top with fish fillets.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) is available from Asian food shops.
- Author: Kate Nichols
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au