- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 fresh curry leaves (optional)*
- 4 x 180g skinless salmon fillets, pin-boned
- Pappadams, to serve
Coconut & cucumber salad
- 1 small telegraph cucumber, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds*
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Step 1In a bowl, combine the curry powder with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the curry leaves, if using. Add salmon and coat well in mixture. Set aside.
- Step 2For the salad, place the cucumber, coconut, carrot, tomato, chilli, coriander and sesame seeds in a bowl, and toss to combine. Mix together the olive oil, lime juice and curry powder, then toss through the salad.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat, add the salmon and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until just cooked through. Serve the salmon with salad and pappadams. Sprinkle salmon with extra coriander.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
* Fresh curry leaves are available from specialist greengrocers. Black sesame seeds are from Asian food shops and selected supermarkets.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: William Meppem
- Publication: delicious.