- 500g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, quartered
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 150g piece hot-smoked salmon, skin discarded, flaked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- Extra virgin olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- 1/4 (200g) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Cut broccoli into small florets. Thinly slice stems. Cook broccoli, potato and garlic in a large saucepan of boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water to cool. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Mash well. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill on high heat. Cook corn, turning, for 5 minutes or until charred and tender. Set aside.
- Step 3Combine cooled potato mixture, salmon, onion, sambal oelek, 1 cup breadcrumbs and 1 egg. Season with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 18 croquettes (about 1/4 cup each). Place flour on a plate. Whisk remaining eggs and 2 tablespoons cold water in a shallow bowl. Place remaining breadcrumbs on a separate plate.
- Step 4Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Toss croquettes in flour, dip in egg and coat in breadcrumbs. Shallow-fry, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel, to drain.
- Step 5Cut kernels from cobs. Place in a bowl with tomato, watercress and cabbage. Using a fork, whisk extra oil, lemon juice and mustard together. Drizzle over dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve croquettes with salad and lemon wedges.
- High fibre
- Low fat
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Guy Bailey & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas