- 1 cup (200g) pearl barley
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 10cm-piece ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 baby cos lettuce, leaves, torn
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger, extra
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1Cook barley in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 25 mins or until tender, adding broccoli during last 5 mins and the beans and peas during last 2 mins of cooking time. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place lemon, ginger and 3 cups (750ml) water in a large frying pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Add salmon. Cook for 8 mins or until cooked to your liking. Remove salmon from poaching liquid. Flake into large pieces.
- Step 3Combine barley, broccoli mixture, salmon, lettuce and onion in a large bowl. Whisk extra ginger, spring onion, vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Add to salmon mixture, toss to combine. Serve.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles