- 4 x 2cm-thick beef scotch fillet steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg frozen peas
- 50g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 70g butter, at room temperature
- 3 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Step 1To make the anchovy butter, combine the butter, anchovy, garlic, parsley and chives in a bowl. Spoon along the centre of a piece of non-stick baking paper to form a 9 x 3cm log. Roll up to enclose and twist the ends to secure. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Step 2Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high. Brush both sides of the steak with oil and season with pepper. Cook on the grill for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the frozen peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place the peas, butter and mint in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Return to the pan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 4Cut the butter log into quarters crossways. Divide the pea mixture and steak among serving plates. Top each steak with anchovy butter to serve.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Alan Benson
- Publication: Australian Good Taste