- 1 small bulb fennel (250g), trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 shallots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 punnet (125g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 x 200g fillets of thick white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- Sea salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Green beans, to serve
- Step 1Bring a large wok or saucepan of water to the boil. Cut 4 x 30cm pieces of foil. Divide the fennel, half of the shallots and tomatoes evenly between the four sheets, placing them in the centre.
- Step 2Top each with a piece of fish, pour the wine evenly amongst them and season with salt and pepper. Top with 1 teaspoon of butter. Fold edges together to form sealed parcels.
- Step 3Place in the base of a large bamboo steamer, cover with a lid and steam for 15 minutes or until fish is just cooked through. Lift vegetables and fish out of the foil parcels onto plates, spoon over cooking juices and top with remaining shallots. Serve immediately with steamed rice and green beans.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Kim Merideth
- Publication: Fresh Living