- 4 x 200g ling fish fillets
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- Steamed rice, to serve
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, shredded
- 2 tablespoons ginger, shredded
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Step 1Pat fish dry with paper towels. Line a large steamer basket with baking paper and top with fish. Steam, covered, over a wok of simmering water for 4-5 mins, or until flesh is white.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat all ginger sauce ingredients in a small saucepan with 1/2 cup water. Simmer on low heat for 5 mins, or until fragrant and reduced slightly.
- Step 3Transfer fish to a serving platter and pour over half of hot sauce. Combine coriander, spring onions and chilli and scatter over fish. Serve with steamed rice and remaining sauce.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles