- 170g skinless ocean trout fillet
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 125g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 20g drained pickled jalapenos
- 4 Sicilian olives or green olives
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1/4 avocado, unpeeled
- You will need a bamboo steamer, from kitchenware shops.
- Step 1Place trout on a plate, then sit plate in a bamboo steamer. Season, then cover and set over a wok of simmering water for 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from steamer and rest for 3 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add kidney beans, jalapenos, olives, tomato and cumin, then cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until warmed through.
- Step 3To serve, spoon bean mixture onto a plate, top with trout and scatter over red onion and coriander. Serve with avocado and lime wedges to squeeze over.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jill Dupleix
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: delicious.