- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 450g packet 2 1/2 minute jasmine rice
- 45g tub Vietnamese lemongrass and kaffir lime paste
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 green onion
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, trimmed
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cut chicken in half. Cook chicken, turning, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned all over and almost cooked through.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions. Combine Vietnamese paste, kecap manis, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice in a jug. Set aside.
- Step 3Finely chop cucumber and thinly slice chilli and green onion. Combine cucumber, chilli and onion in a bowl. Set aside.
- Step 4Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour sauce mixture over chicken in pan. Turn to coat. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Step 5Meanwhile, heat a wok over high heat. Add remaining oil, swirling to coat. Cut stems from choy sum leaves. Add stems to wok. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add leaves. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until just wilted. Turn chicken in sauce. Simmer for a further 30 seconds.
- Step 6Divide rice, choy sum, chicken and sauce among serving bowls. Sprinkle with cucumber mixture and top with coriander sprigs. Serve.
- Publication: Taste.com.au