- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bunch enn choy (water spinach), washed, dried, leaves picked, stems cut into 6cm lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- Step 1Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add enn choy stems and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add the leaves, garlic, fish sauce, water, sugar and chilli, and toss for 2 minutes or until the leaves wilt and the stems are tender crisp.
- Step 2Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and set aside until ready to serve.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
The spinach can be cooked up to 2 hours before serving. Set aside at room temperature. Use choy sum if enn choy is not available.
- Author: Jan Purser
- Publication: Australian Good Taste