- 500g cleaned calamari tubes
- 100g pkt baby watercress salad
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Maggi fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Halve calamari lengthways, score inner flesh in a criss-cross pattern, then cut into 5cm pieces. Combine the watercress salad and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Step 2Heat a wok over a high heat. Add half the oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the asparagus for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Heat the remaining oil in the wok. In batches, stir-fry the calamari and chilli for 1-2 minutes or until squid turns white and curls.
- Step 3Return all calamari to the wok along with the lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, coriander and mint, and toss until well combined. Add the calamari to the salad and toss. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: Alan Benson
- Publication: Fresh Living