- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons kecap manis
- 4 (about 180g) tuna steaks, cut into 3cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- Sweet chilli sauce, extra, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine the lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and kecap manis in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Thread the tuna onto skewers. Add to the lime mixture and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray and place over high heat. Add one-quarter of the skewers to the pan and cook for 30 seconds each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining skewers, reheating the pan between batches.
- Step 3Serve the skewers with the extra sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges.
- Diabetes friendly
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
Prepare this recipe to the end of step 1 up to 45 minutes ahead. Continue from step 2 just before serving. You will need to soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 minutes for this recipe.
- Author: Gemma Purcell
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste