- 1 cup (250ml) white wine (preferably sweet)
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 6 x 180-200g swordfish steaks
- 2 cups (400g) jasmine rice
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 pandanus leaf, tied in a knot (optional) (see Notes)
Capsicum & macadamia pesto
- 3 capsicums, roasted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Step 1Combine wine, coriander, garlic and soy in a bowl. Add fish and coat well. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Step 2For pesto, process all ingredients except oil and lemon juice in a food processor. With motor running, slowly add oil, then add juice.
- Step 3Rinse rice in cold water several times. Place in a saucepan with coconut milk, pandanus leaf, 400ml water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and discard leaf.
- Step 4Cook fish on a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes each side. Serve with pesto and rice.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
* Pandanus leaves are available from Asian food shops.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au