- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 (about 150g each) swordfish steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 150ml dry white wine
- 150g black mussels, cleaned
- 100g clams, cleaned
- 150g small raw green prawns, peeled, de-veined, with tails left on
- 1 cup fish stock
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Combine 1 tablespoon of oil and half the garlic in a bowl and brush over the swordfish. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cover and place in fridge for half an hour to marinate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, soak saffron in the wine for 20 minutes until the liquid is burnt orange. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. When oil is hot, add the fish and cook for 2 minutes each side to form a nice golden crust. Transfer to a baking tray in the oven.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in the pan over over high heat and add shellfish and prawns. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add remaining garlic, stock, infused wine and lemon juice and zest, and cook for a further minute until all the shells are open (discard any that are still closed). Reduce heat to medium and keep the sauce at a simmer.
- Step 4Place a piece of fish on each plate. Stir half the parsley into the sauce then pour over the fish. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve with some crusty bread.
- High protein
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: delicious.