- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to brush
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 400g tagliatelle
- 250g hot-smoked salmon fillets, skin removed, flesh flaked
- 180g (1 1/2 cups) frozen peas, thawed
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, plus extra, to serve
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- Step 1To make pesto, place 120g (1 cup) peas with remaining pesto ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then set aside.
- Step 2Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Brush zucchini with 1 tablespoon oil, scatter with chilli flakes and season. Working in 2 batches, chargrill zucchini for 2 minutes each side or until tender and lightly charred. Brush lemon wedges with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chargrill for 6 minutes, turning, or until slightly caramelised and charred.
- Step 4Place pasta, pesto, zucchini, salmon, remaining peas and reserved cooking water in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Step 5Divide pasta among bowls, scatter with reserved mint leaves and parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
Make this dish vegetarian by swapping the salmon for chickpeas or cubes of firm tofu. Double the quantity of pesto to use as a sandwich spread.
- Author: Jessica Brook
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: MasterChef