- 4cm piece fresh ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 (150g each) salmon fillets, skin removed
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Steamed baby pak choy, to serve
- You'll need four 25cm x 25cm pieces foil and four 10cm x 15cm pieces baking paper.
- Step 1Combine ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, teriyaki sauce and onion in a bowl.
- Step 2Place 1 piece baking paper in the centre of 1 piece foil. Top with 1 salmon fillet. Drizzle with one-quarter of the ginger mixture. Bring 2 sides foil up to the centre. Fold to seal. Roll up ends to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining baking paper, foil, salmon and ginger mixture.
- Step 3Heat a barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Place parcels on plate. Cook for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Serve salmon with rice and pak choy.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Variation: For Thai salmon, replace chilli flakes and teriyaki sauce with 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, and add 2 teaspoons lime juice.
Tip: You could also use ocean trout, blue eye cod or barramundi.
- Author: Vanessa Horton
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas