- 4 (200g each) salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g fresh rice noodles
- 120g Asian salad leaves, to serve
- 1/3 cup thick teriyaki marinade
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- Step 1Make teriyaki marinade: Combine all ingredients in a ceramic dish.
- Step 2Add salmon to marinade. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Remove salmon from marinade, reserving marinade. Preheat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the oil. Cook 2 pieces of salmon, skin side down, for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp. Turn over and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and salmon. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, add reserved marinade to the hot frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until marinade comes to the boil. Add rice noodles and toss to coat. Arrange noodles on plates. Top with salmon. Serve with salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
((( Marinating tips ))) Don’t use metal containers for marinating – acidic ingredients will react and taint the food’s flavour. Refrigerate when marinating – marinades don’t prevent spoilage. Drain food before cooking. Too much marinade in the pan will prevent food coming into contact with the hot surface, causing it to stew.
- Author: Yianni Sourris
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas