- 1/3 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 brown onion shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (75g) Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 600g basa fillets, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1 brown onion shallot, extra, cut into thin wedges
- 200g punnet Perino grape tomatoes, halved
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Food processor
- Step 1Cook quinoa in a small saucepan of boiling water for 12 mins or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Step 2Process spring onion, shallot, garlic, coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and basa in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the quinoa.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Shape 1/3 cupfuls of the fish mixture into patties and cook, in batches, for 2-3 mins each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Step 4Meanwhile, place mint, extra shallot and tomato in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Step 5Divide fish cakes among serving plates and serve with the mint salad, sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges and rice.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles