- 1 1/3 cups SunRice Basmati Rice
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, 3 thinly shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Thai green curry paste
- 400g can coconut milk
- 500g chicken thigh fillet, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 500g pkt frozen Thai style vegetable mix
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- Step 1Cook Basmati rice following absorption or rice cooker packet directions, adding 3 whole kaffir lime leaves along with the water. Discard leaves.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook paste, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk until combined. Bring to the boil. Add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes. Add vegetables and simmer for another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stir in fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and third of shredded lime leaf. Cook for 1 minute.
- Step 3Sprinkle remaining shredded lime leaf over rice. Sprinkle curry with chilli and serve with rice.
Cooled curry can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Taste.com.au