- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Shredded red cabbage, to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- You'll need 12 pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Step 1Place mince, curry paste, fish sauce, sugar and coriander in a food processor. Process until combined.
- Step 2Divide mixture into 12 portions. Roll each into an 8cm-long sausage shape. Thread onto skewers. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Preheat barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Spray sausages with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 4Serve skewers with rice, shredded cabbage and sweet chilli sauce.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Thai green curry paste is milder than red, and also teams well with chicken or fish. ((( Variation ))) You could use chicken mince instead of the pork.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Alan Benson
- Publication: Super Food Ideas