- 800g kent pumpkin, peeled
- 16 medium green prawns, peeled, deveined (tails intact)
- 1 lime, quartered, thinly sliced into triangles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- You'll need 16 pre-soaked small bamboo skewers.
- Step 1Cut pumpkin into 5mm-thick, small wedges (you’ll need 16 pieces).Place pumpkin in a large heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes or until just tender but holds its shape. Drain. Thread 1 piece of pumpkin, 1 prawn and 1 lime triangle onto each skewer.
- Step 2Combine lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chilli in a medium bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Step 3Preheat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on high. Cook skewers, turning, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until prawns are cooked. Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with basil. Serve
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas