- 2 avocados, halved, stone removed, peeled, thickly sliced
- 24 cooked prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- Step 1Divide the avocado, prawns and cucumber among serving bowls.
- Step 2Combine the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce in a small bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Step 3Drizzle the lime mixture over the salad. Top with coriander sprigs and season with pepper.
Serves 4 as a starter.
Avocado: Prized on plates worldwide for its smooth, buttery texture and rich taste, this pear-shaped fruit is a winner in starters, sides, salads and as a spread.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste