- 650g swordfish steak, skin removed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt (thick)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, rinsed
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- You will need 8 pre-soaked skewers
- Step 1Thread fish pieces onto skewers. Place in a shallow ceramic dish.
- Step 2Combine tandoori paste, garlic, ginger, yoghurt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and salt. Brush fish skewers with tandoori mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Step 4Stir in stock and bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender and has absorbed stock. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Step 5Preheat a barbecue plate on medium-high. Brush plate with remaining oil. Cook skewers, turning often, for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Step 6Spoon rice into bowls. Top with skewers. Sprinkle with feta and coriander. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
Variation: You could use ling or blue-eye instead of swordfish, if you prefer.
- Author: Michelle Lucia
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas