- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 440g can crushed tomatoes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50g (1/4 cup) chopped stuffed green olives
- 600g trevally fish fillets, skinned
- 360g (2 cups) couscous
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, extra, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens slightly.
- Step 2Add the undrained tomatoes, wine, tomato paste and parsley to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and stir. Increase heat to high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Stir the olives into the sauce, add the trevally and spoon some of the sauce over. Simmer, uncovered, for a further 3-5 minutes or until the trevally is just cooked through and the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Step 4Meanwhile, prepare the couscous following the packet directions.
- Step 5Spoon the couscous onto serving plates. Top with the trevally and sauce. Sprinkle with the extra parsley and serve immediately.
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Bettina Jenkins
- Publication: Australian Good Taste