- 3 x 500g whole rainbow trout, cleaned
- 2 lemons, each cut into 6 slices
- 12 sprigs thyme
- 12 sprigs dill, plus 1/4 cup extra small sprigs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved, cooked
- 2 granny smith apples, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 2 avocados, halved, flesh scooped
- 30g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300g (1 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 eschalot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chervil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Step 1To roast fish for salad, preheat oven to 200C. Rinse skin and cavities of trouts, then pat dry with paper towel. Fill each cavity with 4 lemon slices and 4 sprigs each of thyme and dill, then season with salt and pepper. Place in a small, greased ovenproof dish, drizzle with wine, then cover dish tightly with foil. Roast for 20 minutes or until almost cooked. Rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make ravigote sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Step 3To make salad, combine remaining ingredients and extra dill in a bowl.
- Step 4While the fish is still hot, carefully peel the skin from one side, then pull the flesh from the bones in large pieces. Turn the fish over and repeat on the other side. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Step 5Scatter a thin layer of salad, then a little fish, over a platter. Repeat scattering and layering, in batches, with remaining ingredients.
- Step 6Serve salad with ravigote sauce.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: MasterChef