- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 310g can creamed corn
- 185g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 30g baby spinach
- Step 1Place bread on a flat surface. Using a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly. Spread corn over bread, leaving a 2cm border along 1 edge. Top with tuna, cheese and spinach. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each roll into thirds. Serve.
You can use any type of bread or rolls. For kids, use wholemeal, wholegrain or light rye. Wrap sandwiches in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge until ready to pack into lunch boxes. Pack sandwiches with ice bricks or frozen drinks to keep the fillings cool.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas