- 4 medium cream delight potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 425g can tuna in olive oil, drained, flaked
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dried panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil cooking spray
Spicy apple slaw
- 350g green cabbage, shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green apples, coarsely grated
- 1 red birdseye chilli, seeded, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Step 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Roughly mash. Allow to cool slightly.
- Step 2Add tuna, green onion and egg to potato. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape mixture into eight 1.5cm-thick patties.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place breadcrumbs on a large plate. Coat patties in breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess (see note). Spray both sides of patties with oil. Place on prepared baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking or until golden brown and heated through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, make Spicy apple slaw: Combine cabbage, onion, apple, chilli and lemon rind in a large bowl. Whisk lemon juice and oil together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over cabbage mixture. Toss to combine. Serve patties with slaw.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
You can freeze patties at this stage. Wrap each one in plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas