- 1 cup risoni pasta*
- 1/2 cup (120g) fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil, plus 1/4 cup small leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 small tomatoes, seeds removed, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups wild rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in springwater, drained
- Step 1Cook the risoni in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to packet directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the ricotta, chopped basil and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Step 3Combine the cooked pasta, basil leaves, capers, tomato, rocket leaves, lemon juice and remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large bowl. Gently mix through large chunks of tuna, being careful not to break them up too much.
- Step 4Serve topped with a spoonful of the ricotta.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
* Rice-shaped pasta from supermarkets.
- Author: Nancy Duran
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au