- 3 cups dried wagon wheel pasta
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 small bunch broccolini, cut into 2cm lengths
- 25g butter, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, adding peas and broccolini for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain. Return pasta, peas and broccolini to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add our. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Step 3Stir in tuna, lemon juice, spinach and 1/2 cup cheese. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add tuna mixture to pasta mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Step 4Preheat grill on high. Grease four 1 1/2-cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Place on a large baking tray. Spoon pasta mixture into prepared dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Nigel Lough
- Publication: Super Food Ideas