- 12 large multigrain bread slices, crusts removed
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained
- 15g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 6 eggs
- 2 eggwhites
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease 12 holes of a 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan. Place bread on a chopping board. Using a rolling pin, flatten slightly. Line muffin holes with bread slices.
- Step 2Combine tuna, spinach and corn in a bowl. Whisk eggs and eggwhites together in a jug.
- Step 3Divide tuna mixture between bread cases. Pour egg mixture over fillings. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until egg has set. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove pies from pan. Cool. Wrap each pie in plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
All nutrition values are per serve
Complete lunchbox: Pack with fruit and low-fat milk or yoghurt.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas