- 400g linguine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g tuna steaks (see tip)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add tuna. Cook for 1 minute each side for rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate and thinly slice. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan over low heat. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add lemon juice and pasta to pan. Toss to coat pasta. Remove to a bowl. Stir through reserved liquid, tuna, pine nuts, basil and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Tip: Remove tuna from fridge 5 minutes before cooking so the centre doesn’t stay cold. Ensure pan and oil are very hot before adding tuna, to quickly sear tuna on the outside while retaining tenderness on the inside.
- Author: Nancy Duran
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas