- 2 x 185g cans tuna in oil with chilli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) fish stock
- 350g arborio rice
- 100ml white wine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra zest to serve
- 50g wild rocket
- Step 1Drain the tuna, reserving 1 tablespoon of the oil, and flake to separate.
- Step 2In a heavy-based saucepan, heat the tuna oil over medium heat and cook the onion for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Step 3Mix the fish stock with an equal amount (375ml) of water. Add the rice to the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring to coat the grains well. Add the wine and allow alcohol to evaporate.
- Step 4Once the wine has been absorbed, add the diluted stock a ladleful at a time until all liquid is absorbed – this will take about 20 minutes.
- Step 5When rice is cooked, stir in tuna, parmesan and lemon rind and juice, then season to taste. Serve on a bed of rocket and garnish with extra zest.
- Author: Valli Little & Nancy Duran
- Image credit: Ian Wallace & Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au