- 250g dried spiral pasta
- 80g butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups pure cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions. Drain.
- Step 2Melt 30g butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in combined cream and milk. Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in tasty cheese. Season.
- Step 3Meanwhile, melt 20g butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a bowl. Add tuna, pasta and cheese sauce. Mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in a bowl. Sprinkle over tuna mixture. Dot with butter. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas