- 250g penne rigate
- 200g green beans, trimmed, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 x 180g cans tuna in chilli oil, drained, flaked
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Step 2Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add beans. Cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 3 minutes (see note). Drain. Cool under cold running water.
- Step 4Combine vinegar, mustard and oil in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Place pasta, beans, lettuce, olives and tuna in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Toss to combine. Divide salad between bowls. Peel eggs and cut lengthways in half. Top salad with egg. Season with pepper. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
These are soft-boiled eggs. If you prefer hard-boiled eggs, cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas