- 4 sebago potatoes, peeled
- 425g can tuna, in brine or spring water, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- Plain flour, to dust
- Oil, to fry
- Side salad, to serve
- Step 1Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain and mash.
- Step 2In a bowl combine the tuna, mashed potato and egg. Stir in the carrot and celery.
- Step 3Place some flour on a plate. Divide the mixture into 8 portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Coat both sides lightly in the flour.
- Step 4Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. In batches, cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Serve with a side salad.
Try this: Patties make a great sandwich filling with lettuce and mayonnaise. Children cooking should be supervised by an adult.
- Author: Mary Wills
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Fresh Living