- 300g sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup hommus dip
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Step 1Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Remove to a bowl and roughly mash. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add tuna and onion. Stir to combine. Using damp hands, shape into 8 oval patties.
- Step 2Place flour on a plate. Place egg and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dust patties lightly in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove to paper towel to drain. Allow to cool.
- Step 3Spread 1 tablespoon of hommus over 1 half of each pita bread. Top with onequarter of the lettuce and tomato. Top each pita bread with 2 tuna patties. Fold up to enclose filling. Cut each roll in half. Secure with baking paper and string.
All nutrition values are per serve
Timesaver tip: Cook patties the day before assembling rolls.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas